To Buy or not to buy Apple’s iPhone 7….
The new phone is slightly better but in what way?
Apple is fast in introducing its iPhones. In TechTitanic, we review the iPhone 7 and 6s for comparison. This should help you decide which to buy or whether you need an upgrade or not.
We explored the design, display, hardware and its performance. To make it easy to decide, we’ve also summed up with our own conclusion but of course you are free to decide what is best for yourself.
- The Apple iPhone 7 features a similar design to the iPhone 6s.
- The antenna is on the top which give user’s a cleaner look.
- The 3.5mm headphone jack has been removed. A Lightning port and stereo speakers has been placed instead.
- The iPhone 7 also introduces IP67 waterproofing -so if you drop your phone into a puddle deep as one meter, your phone will survive the wet dump.
- The home buttons the 7 has been redesigned.You just touch it not need to press it down hard.
Home-button in 7 is now a touchpad instead of a push-button.
- Camera: the camera bump on the rear is a little larger and more refined. The iPhone 6s was criticized for its camera which did not quit fit smoothly in the rear.
- Two new colors have also been introduced- Black and Jet Black.
iPhone 7 in Jet Black color
- The iPhone 7 measures 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1mm and weighs at 138g while iPhone 6s is heavier at 172g.
- Although iPhone 6s has a great display, iPhone 7 display is embedded with DCI-P3 color gamut, this means it displays a greater number of colors.
- For the above-mentioned reason, the screen for iPhone 7 is slightly brighter and colorful than the iPhone 6.
- The Apple iPhone 7 comes with a new processor – the A10 Fusion. It’s got a M10 motion co-processor and is thought to be 40 percent faster than previous ones.
The new A10 Fusion is faster, an efficient processor to reduce energy consumption.
- The battery life of the iPhone 7 is also said to be two hours longer than the iPhone 6S.
- The iPhone 7 is available in 32GB, 128GB and 256GB storage models.
- Both of the iPhones almost equally have a quality performance. But if you are into demanding apps like high-definition games and photo editing then you might want to go for the iPhone 7.
If you are into power demanding apps, then the iPhone 7 is the best choice.
- iPhone 6 only has 1GB of RAM and iPhone 7 has 2GB. So you get better working experience with more memory for use with iPhone 7. Therefore, there is faster performance. This means you no longer have to restart your apps they just load in the state you previously left them in.
Although there have been upgrades, we feel that the change is not significantly large enough for those unsure about an upgrade to iPhone 7. Both are great phones with enhanced performance and user experience.
If you are a simple user then there is honestly no need to upgrade- you will be $800 richer!. On the other hand, if you depend on your phone for hard-end tasks like video editing then the iPhone 7 can be a smarter choice to meet those deadlines fast.
Thanks for visiting Techtitanic. You can visit our Facebook page.